Things to take care and carry when flying abroad
- Maps of your destination
- Identity Card for domestic travel and passport for International travel.
- Travel books or some of your favourite novels
- Travelling equipment and accessories.
- During your journey if anything goes wrong and you are stuck somewhere and need the money to get out, you can wire the money through c2it (SM) by Citibank Transfer money online to over 100 countries! It's fast, easy and secure. Guaranteed Exchange rate.
- Jet lag
Jet lag, medically referred to as desynchronosis, is a physiological condition which results from alterations to the body's circadian rhythms,
results from rapid long-distance transmeridian (east–west or west–east) travel, as on a plane.
The symptoms of jet lag varies, depending on the amount of time zone alteration, time of day and individual differences. They are as as follows:
irregular sleep patterns,
Constipation or diarrhea
It is possible to minimize the effects of jet lag by following some basic steps before, during, and after the flight.
It is recommended to visit the doctor to plan a coping strategy for medical conditions that require monitoring, including when to take medications or any other necessary detail.
One tactic is to try to partially adapt to the destination time zone in advance. This includes starting the daily routine one hour before or after one normally does during the week before departure.
During the flight, passengers are discouraged from taking alcoholic beverages and caffeine, as caffeine disrupts sleeping schedules. It is recommended to drink plenty of water to help counteract the effects of the dry atmosphere inside the plane.
Upon arrival a helpful way to minimize jet lag is to adapt to the local time and eat accordingly. Also, exposure to sunlight during the day is helpful.
What not to carry when flying abroad
It is always prudent to know what items one is allowed to carry while visiting a foreign country.
Many o fus often get hauled up by customs during international travel because we are not clear about what we are allowed to carry without paying duty and what we can't.
Here are the list of items one cannot carry
- Firearms, pornographic material, narcotic drugs, psychotropic substance
- Maps showing incorrect boundaries of india.
- Wild animals and parts thereof, exotic birds, oil of animal origin, human skeletons, semi-processed hides and skins, family planning devices, sand, soil
- Silk worms, vintage products, human blood plasma, products derived from human blood